Where We'll Be:
Upcoming Workshops and Webinars
We give both commissioned and independent presentations on topics that we hope will be of use to the broader evaluation and nonprofit field. Upcoming conference presentations and speaking engagements are listed below. Be sure to catch us at the AEA's 2014 Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado!
Data Placemats: A DataViz Technique to Improve Stakeholder Understanding of Evaluation Results (Thursday, October 16)
Data placemats are used to communicate preliminary evaluation results to stakeholders prior to writing the final report. Data placemats offer stakeholders an opportunity to weigh their own judgments about the data and share their thoughts prior to the final report. In this session, Veena Pankaj will describe various ways to improve stakeholder engagement, as well as ways to increase stakeholder understanding of evaluation results.
- Presentation title: Data Placemats: A DataViz Technique to Improve Stakeholder Understanding of Evaluation Results
- Date: Thursday, October 16, 2014
- Time: 1:00-1:45 PM
- Location: Room 104, Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center (650 15th St, Denver, CO 80202).
- Register: www.eval.org/e/in/eid=3&s=669&print=1&req=info
- Session Number: 517
|Make your Data Count: New, Visual Approaches to Evaluation Reporting (Friday, October 17)
Charts and graphs built on dataviz principles are transforming evaluation reporting and increasing the evaluator's communication power. In this session, Johanna Morariu, Kat Athanasiades, Ann K. Emery and Veena Pankaj will provide principles and case studies of new, visual approaches to evaluation reporting. The session will provide examples, such as incorporating a wealth of visuals in text reports, using large format hand-outs to emphasize findings, and designing slide reports. Check out this example product used in the report that will be discussed during the session!
- Presentation title: Make your Data Count: New, Visual Approaches to Evaluation Reporting
- Date: Friday, October 17, 2014
- Time: 4:30 - 5:15 PM
- Location: Room 105, Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center (650 15th St, Denver, CO 80202).
- Register: www.eval.org/e/in/eid=3&s=679&print=1&req=info
- Session Number: 1223
|A Framework for Evaluating Change within an Advocacy Ecosystem, Explored Through Four Case Studies (Saturday, October 18)
As participants in a panel discussion, Kat Athanasiades and Johanna Morariu will be presenting on a case study of the Missouri Health Foundation. Using the Framework for Evaluating Advocacy Field Building, Innovation Network and the Center for Evaluation Innovation are currently gauging how MFH shapes this field through its grantmaking. A discussion of data collection activities will give the audience ideas about how to evaluate these dimensions, lessons learned from the process, and what has been revealed through the evaluation of Skills & Resources and Adaptive Capacity in the field.
- Presentation title: A Framework for Evaluating Change within an Advocacy Ecosystem, Explored Through Four Case Studies
- Date: Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Time: 8:00-9:30 AM
- Location: Room 703, Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center (650 15th St, Denver, CO 80202).
- Register: www.eval.org/e/in/eid=3&s=846&print=1&req=info
- Session Number: 599
Did you meet us somewhere recently? Here's where we've been.
For more information about our research, or to discuss ways we can work together, contact Director Johanna Morariu 202-728-0727 x103 or jmorariu [at] innonet [dot] org.
2002-2014 Innovation Network. All rights reserved.